You are a person who likes to keep guns for protecting yourself, family and household items. Keeping guns at a safe place is tough task unless you use gun safe. But you want to avoid the hassles of keeping gun safe keys. Then fingerprint gun safe is the best option for you. This is also known as biometric gun safe. Fingerprints are one of the most unique combinations. With these home gun safes your guns are very safely stored. There are lot of such home safes available but selection of the best gun safe is very difficult. We have prepared a comparison chart of best biometric gun safe 2016 and with detail reviews.
|Sentry Safe Biometric Quick Access Pistol Safe||Pistol Safe||4.4||183|
|BARSKA Biometric Safe||fingerprint safe||4.3||175|
|BARSKA Top Opening Biometric Fingerprint Safe||biometric drawer safe||4.4||168|
|Gunvault SpeedVault SVB500 gun safe||gun safe||4.2||285|
|Stack-On PDS-500 Drawer Safe with Electronic Lock||Drawer Safe||4.3||56|
|BARSKA Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe||Biometric Rifle Safe||3.9||253|
|Stack-On PS-20-B Biometric,Personal Safe||Fingerprint Personal Safe||4.1||169|
|Barska Biometric Wall Safe||Finger print Wall Safe||4.1||165|
|Gunvault MicroVault XL MVB1000 ||Biometric gun safe||4.2||212|
|LockSafe Biometric Pistol Safe||Fingerprint pistol safe||4.4||233|
How a Fingerprint Gun Safe works?
These types of biometric gun safes use biometric information like fingerprints to access and open the safe. With regular pistol safes it is difficult to remember the lock codes or finding the keys when there is an emergency requirement of using guns or pistols. Also such fingerprint gun safe allows you to store more than one fingerprint so that you can authorize someone else to open the box in case you are not around. A great feature!!!
How Biometric Gun Safe compares with other types of best home safes?
There are basically two types of gun boxes, one comes with mechanical lock and other has electronic lock. The mechanical safe lock has a dial consisting of three discs which needs to be rotated in opposition direction to open the lock.
Electronic gun safe lock has a keypad where you need to enter a specific code to open the lock. These are very convenient to use as compared to mechanical safes. They also alert you if someone has tried to open a home safe by entering a wrong code many times.
Fingerprint gun safe on the other hand allows you to scan your fingerprints and open the best home safe. These safes prevent your kids and other unauthorised persons from opening the safe. As compared to mechanical and electronic safes the biometric safes open the lock in just 2 seconds so very quick access to your arms.
These also provide fire safety by protecting your pistols and guns from fire. Only downside with these safes is that they run on battery so as long as battery works it works fine otherwise if battery runs out of power you may lock you guns and pistols inside.
How to select the best gun safe 2016?
With number of different biometric fingerprint gun safes are available on the market, it is difficult to select the best gun safe. There are few factors which need to be looked at while buying a gun box. One of the most important factors to consider is the best fingerprint scanner of the safe so that it works without any problem and for long time.
Other factors include the thickness of metal used to make pistol safes. Generally gun and pistol safes with thickness from 12 to 7 gauges are available. The safes with 7 gauges are the thickest and nearly impossible to break into. Thickness also determines the price of safe thicker safe will cost more. So the boxes with thickness of 10 or less are best.
Next is the number of locking bolts used to lock the biometric pistol safe. More the bolts more tough are it to break open. Generally safes with 4 or more locking bolts are considered pretty good. Another factor is fire safety which is very important as the house fires can reach 1200-1400 degree F very quickly. So a fingerprint gun safe with good fire safety rating is must. Better buy a fireproof gun safe.
Other points to consider are size of your biometric gun safe should be sufficient to meet your current and future requirements. Location of placing the safe box can also influence the choice as in wall gun safes, hanging gun safes are also available. Not to forget the warranty provided by the companies for these home gun safes.
Types of gun safes
There are various types of best value gun safes that you can find in the market based on price like under 500 or under 1000 dollars . Some of them have been mentioned below;
- Handgun safe: – With a handgun safe, you will be able to keep your handgun near you at all times. The dimension of the handgun safe is mostly very small when you compare it to all the other safes in the market. They come along with biometric scanning as well as fingerprint analysis and a lot of other protective layers. However, for the right person, opening it is extremely easy and very fast, thereby ensuring appropriate protection at all times.
- Drawer gun safe: – Drawer gun safe is a gun safe in a drawer, preferably to be located in your dressing room drawer. Such type of gun safes is very discreet, and would only be able to store a single firearm due to its small size. These are to be hidden from plain view, so that unwanted people would not be able to steal a glance at it. The drawer gun safe would take up a certain amount of space, so that the space for being the clothes or other stuff will become small.
- Pistol safe: – The pistol safe is a small safe, which can be programmable, and it also comes with a spring-loaded door along with an electric keypad. In this particular safe, you can always keep the pistol handy and you could also keep small discrete items that are sensitive in nature in that particular safe. It will contain ample protection to keep it away from the hands of unwanted people. Moreover, with new pistol safes in the market, you find that there are added layer of security provided within such safes.
- In wall gun safe: – The in wall gun safe is probably the most discreet when it comes to the gun safes. They are built within the wall of the house, and the main purpose is to keep it hidden from plain view. You will be able to find it in various dimensions, and you can store a lot of stuff within such kind of gun safe. It comes with ample protection in terms of fingerprint analysis and the entire aspect of bells and whistles that normally accompany a flexible safe. The in wall gun safe is also more than likely to be a permanent installation, so it would be economical if you only get such kind of safes in your permanent house, and not on your rental property.
- Under bed gun safe: – These types of safes are normally located under the bed. It is very important for the people to feel safe when they are in bed, and the location of the firearm just under the bed can help them to have a good night sleep. In case there are any nighttime intruders, one can swiftly get under the bed, take of the firearm, and be ready for anybody that would be trying to break into the house. Moreover, these safes are also built with appropriate protection to keep the sensitive material within the safe away from the hands of people that are not meant to see it.
- Bedside gun safe: – The bedside gun safe is another prime example of how perilous the world has become. This kind of gun safe is located just beside the bed, so that one will be able to reach the firearm that is stored within that particular safe, and use it in case of any type of emergency. With such types of safes costing pretty low, it should not be a problem for you to purchase them for your security issues.
- Modular gun safe: – The modular gun safe is the latest entrant in the market and also amongst the most costly from this category as well. However, it also comes with a lot more features in terms of safety and security when compared to all the other safes. Moreover, due to its modular design, you would be able to get it transported as well as assembled within a very short period of time. They come with efficient warranties, and also provide protection in terms of fire and water for the contents located within the safe.
Top 5 best home gun safe brands
If you have a gun in your house, it is not only about your protection from intruders, but also protecting your family by keeping the gun in a safe place. This is the main reason you need to purchase a gun safe; one of the proper places where you can keep any type of firearms.
Let’s have a look at the top five gun safe brands in the market: –
- BARSKA: – The gun safes from BARSKA are not only ideal to keep guns and sensitive equipment, but you can also keep jewelry as well as important documents in them. Most of the safes come with a biometric technology, making it extremely quick and effortless for you to access your weapons upon any kind of emergency. It also is a foolproof method with which you will be able to keep your children away from using such kind of guns, even by mistake. What with the recent amount of shootings in the United States, this safe is definitely meant for the safety of your children and those of your neighbours as well.
- GunVault: -Just like its name, GunVault is a company that produces gun vault or best home safe that can be used to store your guns. It contains a revolutionary design that will not only help you to keep your handguns safe, but also ensure that it is very discreet in its appearance. You can easily open it if you have the password of the key code, but if you go for a better design, it contains a biometric security system as well.
- First Alert: – The home gun safes from First Alert are constructed with an 18 gauge steel, making it extremely hard to crack into. Moreover, it also contains a spring locking mechanism which will quickly open upon the entry of the password so that you will be able to access the contents of the safe upon any kind of emergency. Appropriate protection will be provided to the interior part of the safe to keep it secure during any kind of natural calamity.
- Sentry Safe: – Sentry Safe is not only a wonderful gun safe, but also a programmable digital safe that can hold a lot of other sensitive materials within it. However, the space of the safe is small, thereby ensuring that only a single firearm can be stored in it at the most. However, with the quick access biometric features applicable to this particular safe, you will be able to secure your firearm within a very short period of time.
- Stack-On: – Primarily a safe company, it is very recently that they have undertaken to producing gun safes for the general populace. The products that they have brought onto the market are one of the safest ways in which you will be able to store your guns without providing access to unknown people. It has been designed keeping in mind the usability as well as the comfort of all the enthusiastic gun loving people, without sacrificing the quality of the safe.
Best Gun Safe Reviews 2016
Although we have tried to include best gun safe in the above comparison guide but still there are some of them which needs to be reviewed here so that you get more information about the best safes. We have tried to review some of the best selling and ever popular models from different brands so that there is variety to choose from. Just go through these home safe reviews and select the best gun safe which meets your requirements and budget.
Gunvault MicroVault XL MVB1000 Biometric fingerprint gun safe Review
This biometric scanner uses high performance algorithm to give you very fast access to your gun and pistol safe even in very less light.
It is made up of 18 gauge steel which has foam lined protective interiors. Its design makes it nearly impossible to break open with hand tools. It provides you plenty of storage with extra pockets inside. It has a high strength locking mechanism to give you reliable operation for longer period of time.
It comes with a security cable of 4 foot length so that it can be securely tightened to a fixed object. It is one of the best gun safe with perfect size to hold two guns and multiple magazines, flashlight, and documents. It is not very heavy so you can easily use to for travel purposes as well as home.
Based on gun safe reviews at amazon it has received user rating of 4.1 stars. It is one of the best home safe under 500 dollars reasonably priced at $225. To see more reviews and buy click Gunvault MicroVault XL MVB1000 gun safe Biometric fingerprint
BARSKA Biometric Gun Safe Reviews
This Barska biometric gun safe is very compact safe which provides you safe and secure access. It can store 30 unique fingerprints. You can use it as a bedside gun safe to store your important documents, jewelry items and pistols.
It can be hidden easily anywhere in the house. It include two point dead solid steel bolts locking mechanism to give you secure performance. It comes along with mounting hardware and 2 emergency backup keys. Predrilled points make it easy to mount it on the wall easily or you can fix the safe on the floor.
It is powered with 4 AA batteries which are included with it and can last up to 2 years so very less maintenance required for this biometric pistol safe.
This gun box is cheap as compared to other expensive safes but provides you reasonable safety and good performance.
It has got 4.3 stars user rating on the basis of gun safe reviews at amazon. It is priced at $150 only. To know more and buy go to BARSKA Biometric Safe
Gunvault SpeedVault SVB500 fingerprint gun safe under 500
This SpeedVault model from well know brand GunVault is one of the best biometric gun safe which boasts of a great design. It gives very fast and secure access making is suitable to use for both home and business purposes.
Its biometric fingerprint scanner with activation button can store 120 fingerprints. It has drop down fast activation drawer for giving you fast access. It is made up with 18 gauge steel sheets with protective foam lined interior and lovely white internal floodlight.
It provides you with many mounting options with all mounting hardware included. It comes with override backup keys. The electronic keypad sound can be turned on or off.
This is perfect solution for all who are looking for secure way to store their guns and pistol. This home safe provides easy installation and sufficient storage space to hold variety of arms.
On the basis of gun safe reviews it has been given user rating of 4.2 stars. It is available for sale at a price of about $210 only.
To see more reviews and buy this one of the best gun safe under 1000 click Gunvault SpeedVault SVB500 gun safe
9G Products INPRINT Fingerprint Handgun & Biometric Pistol Safe
It works on 9 volt battery and has a jack for AC adaptor which is optional. It also has a mounting plate and mounting holes for installation.
It is very easy to configure and reconfigure and it stores 15 fingerprints. It has a spring loaded door for convenient and safe handling.
It has very soft smooth interior lining of foam. It also has emergency override back up keys. This gun safe is considered as one of the fastest and best gun safe on the market. It is worth spending money on it, full value for money safe.
Based on gun safe reviews it has received a rating of 4.2 stars. It is available for sale at a price of $230. To check more reviews and buy this safe click 9G Products INPRINT Biometric Fingerprint Handgun & Pistol Safe
Sentry Safe Biometric Quick Access Pistol Safe
It has a storage space for holding a JK size pistol, a full size hand gun. It is very sturdy and almost impossible to pry open it. It provide for in or out drawer usage. It a best gun safe for storing your arms and protecting your family and household valuable items.
It employs compression gas struts for opening lid and holding it in the open opposition which allows for a single handed access to your guns and pistols without making any noise. This biometric safe is designed to provide noiseless operation as is the case with other gun boxes.
To program this one of the best home safe you need to scan 2 fingers and every finger requires 5 to 10 scans. So you can store more than one person’s fingerprint with this fingerprint gun safe. It would work flawlessly once you are done with initially scanning.
Based on gun safe reviews it has got fantastic rating of 4.4 stars and it is available at a reasonable cost of $180 only.
To buy and see more reviews of this gun box click Sentry Safe Biometric Quick Access Pistol Safe
Your views on Best Rated Fingerprint Gun Safes 2016
We have made an attempt to provide sufficient information best biometric gun safe, fingerprint gun safe and pistol safes. This list and the reviews are not exhaustive as you know there are a huge number of brands and models available on the market that is impossible to cover all.
But still if you think that we should some other best gun safe under 500 in our best home gun safe reviews 2016 then please do share with us in the comments below.